This session was interesting because we got to dig down a little deeper in the experience that people were bringing into the room with them. It turns out that there are several people with background in visual design and specifically vector graphics. This background should prove to be useful for people exploring the HTML5 Canvas element and Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG).
There were shared memories of CorelDraw, Adobe Illustrator, and suggestions about vector based drawing tools like INKSCAPE (an open source project). One participant mentioned “Adobe Draw” but I must have written that down incorrectly. That’s an item to follow-up on next week.
- Assignment Three
- New resources to check out
- Reminder that the your web page template now has a new link at the bottom right that loads your page in modern.IE
- I added the stylesheet I used for <blockquote>, <q> and <cite> to the example page.
To think about (me):
- Move things that are in the demo site off the wiki site.
- Improve the work flow so that there is less back and forth between the course wiki and the demo site.
- Think about how to improve performance on the wiki site – because the pages are getting unwieldy.