- Course Identifier IP492 Session Two
Create a new question and answer all unanswered questions by next Monday. Please rate the questions as you do them.
Use jsbin or similar online tool to create two three pages that demonstrate the following principles. Keep track of the addresses of your pages so that we can review them in the lab.
- Create a simple web page with several similar elements but not the same tag or class.
- Write a script that changes only the elements that match a list you put in here: document.querySelectorAll(list).
This will be like the lab work except that you are using document.querySelectorAll(list) instead of document.getElementsByClassName(classname).
data- attribute and dataset
- Create a web page that demonstrates writing and reading data from the data- attributes in an element.
- Create a web page that demonstrates writing and reading data from web storage. Demonstrate the difference between sessionStorage and localStorage.
Keep track of the addresses of your pages so that we can review them in the lab. Consider emailing them to yourself at an address where you can access them in the lab.
Here’s some light reading – maybe 20-30 minutes.
- Do You Really Need jQuery?
Reflecting on the Session
Please add your thoughts (comments) in the IP492 HTML5 3: Session Two Notes